Prenez position avec nous pour inspirer plus
pour tout le monde. ... À la maison, à l'école, au travail, dans le lieu de travail bénévole, et dans la société en général, indépendamment de nos différences. Laissez-nous, et nous enseignons aux enfants à, montrer plus de respect par l'acceptation, la courtoisie, l'égalité, les bonnes manières, la politesse, et les actes de
d'aider à propager plus
Nous vivons tous dans une communauté de planète comme
CITOYENS DE NOTRE TERRE
We all live in one planet community as
CITIZENS OF OUR EARTH
"Be kind to one another." - Ellen DeGeneres, Comedienne
Quotes from Famous Fellow
CITIZENS OF EARTH
Please read these with teens and children (being age-appropriate) and teach them the lessons within the quotes.
Take a stand with us to inspire more
for everyone. ...At home, in school, in the workplace, in the volunteer-workplace, and in society in general, regardless of our differences. Let us, and let us teach children to, show more respect through acceptance, courtesy, equality, good manners, politeness, and acts of
to help to spread more
"Whether the borders that divide us are picket fences or national boundaries, we are all neighbors in a global community." – Jimmy Carter, Former President of the United States
Lucy: “What are you doing, Charlie Brown?”
Charlie Brown: “I’m waiting for Valentine’s.”
Lucy: “Oh, well, good luck.”
Charlie Brown: “Thank you.”
Lucy: “You’ll need it!”
Charlie Brown: “You didn’t have to say THAT!”
At the class’ Valentine’s Day party, when Schroeder was handing out the collected cards to the pupils;
Violet: “Look at THAT. Charlie Brown STILL hasn’t received a Valentine. Did anyone send Charlie Brown a Valentine?”
Lucy: “Who would waste a Valentine on stupid, ol’ Charlie Brown?”
Later, the girls are feeling guilty that no one gave Charlie Brown a Valentine, so they went to see him outside his home, where he was waiting at his mailbox, and where Violet handed him one she received then recycled to him:
Schroeder [referring to Charlie Brown, and angry at their mean behaviour and offer of a recycled card]: “Don’t you think he has any feelings?”
- Scenes from “Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown.”, written by Charles M. Schulz. © 1975 United Features Syndicate, Inc. Charlie Brown voiced by Duncan Watson; Lucy voiced by Melanie Kohn; Violet voiced by Linda Ercoli; Schroeder voiced by Greg Felton; Snoopy and Woodstock voiced by Bill Melendez.
“Dear sisters and brothers. We have a responsibility to improve the world.”
- Malala Yousafzai, Nobel Peace Prize Winner (world’s youngest, as of 11 Oct. 2017) / Human Rights Activist / survivor of a terrorist assassination attempt (shot on 9 Oct. 2012 as a teen, after speaking up for available education for girls everywhere). From her speech at Canada’s Parliament, 12 Apr. 2017.
"Be very strong, in here." - Susan Aglukark, Canadian Singer-Songwriter and Humanitarian
...During her Legacy Interview as Winner of the Governor General's 2016 Lifetime Artistic Achievement Award (Popular Music), advising young artists regarding the work to do to be successful...but is great encouragement in general!
Earth from Space: South America from September 2004
(NASA image courtesy Reto Stöckli and Robert Simmon)
“The colors of a rainbow
So pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces
Of people going by
I see friends shaking hands, saying how do you do
They’re really saying, I love you.”
- Bridge from the song “What a Wonderful World”, sung by Louis Armstrong. Written by Bob Thiele (as George Douglas) and George David Weiss.
“We will not permit humanity to set up a pecking order where some humans are not as significant or as human as others. We are all equal.”
Lieutenant-General Roméo Dallaire (Retired, Canadian hero), peacekeeping-force Commander of the “United Nations Assistance Mission for Rwanda” in 1993 and 1994, talking about service with the United Nations.
“I’m not concerned with your liking or disliking me… All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.”– Jackie Robinson, Major League Baseball Hall of Famer (Brooklyn Dodgers)
“Do something to make someone smile…”
- Rebecca Schofield - the late Canadian “golden heart” and cancer patient from Riverview, New Brunswick - behind #BeccaToldMeTo
Thank you for what you teach! Merci!
Jed: “What’s that building?”
Jethro: “That’s the United Nations.”
Granny: “Wonder what they sell there?”
Elly May: “Must be flags.”
Jethro: “That’s where they sell world peace.”
Jed: “Too bad the world ain’t buyin’ more of it.”
- The Beverly Hillbillies, partial script from episode “Manhattan Hillbillies” (original air date: 12 November 1969; Script Supervisor, Olla Bourne;
Actors: “Jed”, Buddy Ebsen; “Granny”, Irene Ryan; “Elly May”, Donna Douglas; “Jethro”, Max Baer, Jr.).